Patch for megaraid2 and stock kernel 2.4.22?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Oct 21 08:21:01 CDT 2003

> I'm sorry, for being a little(?) off topic.

Not at all.

> But is there a patch for Kernel 2.4.22 and megaraid2 driver? So that I
> can compile old and new one with one source tree. In theory (i'm no
> kernel guru...) copy driver to source directory, change makefile/config
> options and you're ready? Is that all?

If you can get the latest 2.4.23-pre bk snapshot from kernel.org, you'll
find that megaraid2 (2.00.9) was merged, along side megaraid 1.18k.

> I have tried DKMS, it works, yes, but I compile my own kernel and use it
> so there is no need for another tool for me.

Indeed, DKMS is really supposed to provide a stopgap mechanism for
building drivers or driver versions which aren't already in your kernel
tree.  If you're able to update your kernel tree with the driver version
you need yourself, then DKMS doesn't really offer much more.  But, as
we've seen, your skills are greater than that of a great many Linux
sysadmins.

Thanks,
Matt

--