Okay, this is so not cool..

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ca
Mon Oct 20 10:53:01 CDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Tony Gale wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 14:26, James Bourne wrote:
>
> > At first I was using bonnie++ to do it, now I'm trying iozone as
> > it's supposed to work better...
> >
> > In the past 8 hours using iozone, I've managed to get a scsi timeout on a
> > system which for the past 2 weeks I hadn't received one using bonnie++
> > or dd.  It seems iozone really pushes the I/O, and it's really
> > configurable if you need that.
> >

> How are you running iozone? I've yet to experience any instability in my
> 2650s in any of this testing.

strangely enough with the -a only option.  I've seen timeouts on a
system where bonnie++ and dd didn't do anything using this...

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."

This  communication  is intended for the use  of the recipient to which it is
addressed,  and  may  contain  confidential,  personal,  and   or  privileged
information.  Please  contact  the  sender  immediately  if  you  are not the
intended recipient of this  communication, and  do not  copy, distribute,  or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.