RH 7.3 + megaraid

Naveen Nathan naveen at dtiserv2.com
Fri Oct 17 14:27:01 CDT 2003

Okay, after grabbin' the megaraid driver disk for RH 7.3. I tried compiling the 2.4.22 kernel from scratch. I added the megaraid & broadcom modules. The problem is, after I compile, when I boot then ew kernel I get Kernel Panics because it's unable to mount the root. This is due to the megaraid module not loading up on bootup. I'm unsure why it wouldn't load up. In /etc/modules.conf I have 'alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid' (which was actually created from redhat 7.3 install. Does anyone have any ideas of what may be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Naveen