Enterprise Kernel Question

Anthony Porcano aporcano at kaplan.com
Fri Oct 17 12:14:00 CDT 2003

Ok...having some problems with getting SMP disabled.

I have tried 'nosmp', 'nosmp=1', and 'maxcpus=0' on the kernel command line
(grub.conf), and all cause kernel panics.

The kernel version is 2.4.9-e.25smp (RHEL 2.1AS), and the server is a
PE1750. Ultimately we are trying to get the e.25enterprise kernel to load
and use the 'nosmp' option there, but we were trying the options out on what
we were currently running since we are having general issues loading the
e.25enterprise kernel (without any special options).

If anyone could shed some light on these issues it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

  --Anthony

Anthony Porcano