Re raid SW vs HW , was Okay, this is so not cool..

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Thu Oct 16 10:05:00 CDT 2003

Jessica_Bull at Dell.com wrote:

> Generally speaking hardware RAID is faster.  But the real deciding factor is
> the speed of your CPU and the load it is handling.  The amount of memory is

today HW: servers with 2 or 3 GHz processors vs. raid with 100Mhz processor,
I doubt that SW raid is faster. Unless you are using a board with latest intel
xcale 400-700Mhz processor.

With hw raid you depend of vendors to correct bugs. SW raid are faster,
flexibler, cheaper and easier to patch.

--
Software is like sex, it's better when it's bug free.