Okay, this is so not cool..

Christian christian.waymouth at actelearning.com
Thu Oct 16 04:37:00 CDT 2003

> Almost all of my 2650's are running the PERC 3/Di and the internal
Broadcoms
> and I have to say we've never hit any of these problems you guys see.
> One of the servers gets pounded regularly with a postgresql database
search
> engine and that box has been up for over 100 days with no issues.
>
> The only difference is that we run Mandrake 9.1 on them (and a custom
compiled
> 2.4.21 from kernel.org)

We also ran a 2650 on SuSE Open Exchange server 4.0.3 for 9 months
straight - no issues at all.

Then we put RedHat 8 on the same machine and troubles began straight away -
fortunately though, diabling the power saving on boot has solved our
problems.

But I think the problem here stems from Red Hat.