Reboot 2650 second try!

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Wed Oct 15 17:25:01 CDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, John Logsdon wrote:

> So is there a fast reboot method for a 2650?  See my original post below.

nope, not that i've heard of.  the time spent by the OS in rebooting is
neglible compared to the time required by the hardware.  so shutdown -r now
is still a good option to use and you just have to bear with the (very) long
time it takes to reboot.

it's somewhat annoying that we have 2450s that take between 3-8 minutes to
reboot compared to some no-name servers that have a complete reboot cycle of
< 30 seconds.

regards,

-jason