Another 2550 oddity

David Chait davidc at bonair.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 15 17:19:01 CDT 2003

All,
    I have had similar issues with a 2550 randomly rebooting itself if you
start X. This has been an on-going issue for as long as I have owned the
machine, my answer so far has been simply "Don't run X", but I would rather
see it fixed. I updated all bios/firmware recently and that didn't seem to
resolve it, and I am currently using RH's 2.4.20-20.9 kernel with it. It is
running RHL 7.3 (will be changed to ES in a few months). The machine is rock
solid with this one exception, has anyone else experienced this type of
behavior? We have nearly 15 other 2550/2650 models here, and this is the
only one we've seen this type of response with.

Thanks,
David