Okay, this is so not cool..

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 15 14:09:00 CDT 2003

At 11:54 15-10-2003 -0700, Nick Nelson wrote:

> > We use the PERC 3/DC as the replacement for the on board controller.
> > After much testing we have found it to perform best.  We runn Oracle 9i
> > RAC and 11i Application clusters on the 2650's now without a reboot.  I
> > suggest you get off the on board broadcoms while you are at it.

Lose the broadcoms, definitely lose the broadcoms. May I suggest applying
mains to the rj45 connector so you make sure they don't work and you can't
use 'm by accident. :-)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-poweredge&m=104465623010465&w=2

>Thanks, this is definately the kind of results I'm looking for, I'm going
>to try to get ahold of one of these cards from Dell and see if it'll
>hopefully fix the situation, I haven't noticed a problem with the onboard
>NICs, but right now, anything anyone suggests (short of throwing them out
>the window, as I've considered that and decided I'll use that as a last
>resort only...if I do, I'm definately videotaping it) I'll try :)

If you do, you owe us a video ;-)

Cheers

--
Seth
I don't make sense, I don't pretend to either. Questions?