PE2600 : megaraid PERC4/Di, PERC 3/DC and latest RHAS kernel (e.2 7)

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 15 13:42:00 CDT 2003

At 18:45 15-10-2003 +0200, Eddy.COLLART at cec.eu.int wrote:

> [...]

Not quite, different drivers have different methods. I suggest checking the
cabling to make sure.
Different drivers also have different timeout values.

I have seen it before, and since this u320 it is quite sensitive to cabling
issues as is most scsi hardware.

So far i did not have as much luck with the megaraid2 driver as the other
people have, so I havn't tested it further.

> > I am not using the enterprise kernel on this box since it tends to get
> > stuck trying to access the LTO tape drive. We are using the 2.4.20-20.7
> > kernel from the Red Hat 7.3 errata tree.
>
>Sorry, but I can't. That is a test system intended for Oracle RAC, and the
>testbed involves RHAS as part of the specification (and needed for Oracle
>support and recognition I think). I'll have to write a complete install
>procedure so other machines can be built with the exact same configuration.
>A kernel recompile would be some kind of a bother, but I guess I would
>recommend it if it was necessary, but moving to some other kernel is kind of
>out of scope.

We have just 2 PE2600 machines, one runs linux, the other w2k. So sorry I
can't help you in this case. Since i couldn't make backups at normal speeds
with the enterprise kernel I switched kernels.

Good luck
--
Seth