Reboot 2650

Conor_D_Wynne@Dell.com Conor_D_Wynne at Dell.com
Wed Oct 15 12:05:00 CDT 2003

OK, go grab a kernel source from www.kernel.org or preferably your local
mirror.

untar it to /usr/src and make a symlink so it appears as /usr/src/linux

cd /usr/src/linux
make mrproper
make menuconfig or xconfig or simply config
Choose your hardware as best you can or use one of the default configs on a
standard redhat installation.
make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install

add a new kernel entry to your bootloader du jour [Grub / Lilo]
reboot and thats that.

For more info check out www.tldp.org or you local linux user group

Conor.