PE2600 : megaraid PERC4/Di, PERC 3/DC and latest RHAS kernel (e.2 7)

Eddy.COLLART@cec.eu.int Eddy.COLLART at cec.eu.int
Wed Oct 15 11:47:01 CDT 2003

I still have the stock 2.4.9 entry and I can use it to boot without any
problem... So that should clear any HW related explanation.

> I am not using the enterprise kernel on this box since it tends to get
> stuck trying to access the LTO tape drive. We are using the 2.4.20-20.7
> kernel from the Red Hat 7.3 errata tree.

Sorry, but I can't. That is a test system intended for Oracle RAC, and the
testbed involves RHAS as part of the specification (and needed for Oracle
support and recognition I think). I'll have to write a complete install
procedure so other machines can be built with the exact same configuration.
A kernel recompile would be some kind of a bother, but I guess I would
recommend it if it was necessary, but moving to some other kernel is kind of
out of scope.

Thanks anyway,

ECB