perc2/DC rebuild failed disk: Dumb Question

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 15 11:01:00 CDT 2003

At 11:10 15-10-2003 -0400, nathan r. hruby wrote:

>Ok,
>
>So, we have a 2450 with a perc2/DC which has a failed internal disk.  The
>replacement disk is on it's way to us, which is good.
>
>Now, none of us can seem to remember how the perc2/DC works in regards to
>rebuilding a failed disk from the firmware BIOS interface.

Just yank the disc and replace with the new one. So far all the megaraid
controllers i have met automatically rebuild unless specifically configured
so in the bios.

If it doesn't do this automatically while the machine is powered on you
will need to add it manually and see below.

>   If we halt the
>machine, swap the disks, and power it back up, will the card just
>magically rebuild it and allow us to boot back into Linux and happily use
>the good disk while the controller rebuilds the array in the background?

Well, all the cases I used it have been hot-swap. If you power the machine
down I think you will need to nudge it from the firmware.

Cheers

--
Seth