Reboot 2650

Christian christian.waymouth at actelearning.com
Wed Oct 15 10:44:01 CDT 2003

>  Since the kernel
> compilation is now pretty quick with 2xXeons and -j switch (-j 8 seems
> optimal), almost as much time is spent rebooting as recompiling.

Can you give me some advice/point about how to go about compiling in and
using a new kernel in RedHat/Linux gernerally?

I've never done this before, but would like to give it a go.

Any URL's on this matter that would point me in the right direction.

(Compiling and using a new kernel sounds like a scary procedure to me)

Many thanks in advance,

Christian