Enterprise Kernel Question

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Tue Oct 14 16:34:01 CDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Anthony Porcano wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is problematic to run a non-smp enterprise kernel on
> a dual processor server? Goal here is to disable one cpu in the box for
> licensing reasons. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

You can do that without any problem.
I guess you even can tell "nosmp" to your SMP kernel.

But I bet your license costs are a multiple of the price for an additional
single-CPU server with double CPU power...

It is a pity that Dell is bound to not offer Opteron systems.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)