2540 foul up

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Tue Oct 14 15:58:00 CDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Joe Stevens wrote:

> While we are on this topic, is there a definitive list anywhere on what
> steps to take to perform a "warm swap" using the command-line tools
> while the server is online for each of the various dell raid controlers?

on the perc{2,3}/{Si,Di} it is simply

enclosure prepare slot 0 <slot of disk to remove>

i don't have a box with a PERC{2,3}/{D,Q}C handy so i can't tell you what
(if any) the invocation is for the AMI based controllers or if it is
even needed on them.. maybe the warm swap requirement is specific to the
built in adaptec based controllers in the 2450/2550/2650 and has gone
away with the PERC4 stuff (i don't have any perc4 kit to test against)

regards,

-jason