Enterprise Kernel Question

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Oct 14 15:53:01 CDT 2003

> Does anyone know if it is problematic to run a non-smp enterprise kernel on
> a dual processor server? Goal here is to disable one cpu in the box for
> licensing reasons. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

It's fine, we do it all the time in testing.  You may wish to specify
'apic' on the kernel command line to get the benefit of better interrupt
routing than you would otherwise get with the uniprocessor kernel.  You
may also wish to remove the second processor and it's VRM to conserve
power.

Thanks,
Matt

--