2540 foul up

Joe Stevens joe at spin.ad.jp
Tue Oct 14 04:13:00 CDT 2003

> the key is to remember that the 2450 (and i would say all of the others)
> supports a _warm_ swap, not a _hot_ swap drive replacement (whatever the
> docs might say) and as long as you work with that you'll have few(er)
> problems.

While we are on this topic, is there a definitive list anywhere on what
steps to take to perform a "warm swap" using the command-line tools
while the server is online for each of the various dell raid controlers?

I looked around for one, and wasn't able to find it -- but it would be
great to have in case a disk fails...

--
Joe