Grown Defect List Not Found

Jean Lofts jean.lofts at eng.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 07:46:01 CDT 2003

Eoin

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my post.

I should perhaps have included the results of running the
command on a different drive

AFA0>
COMMAND: disk show defects (0,9,0)
Executing: disk show defects (BUS=0,ID=9,LUN=0)

Number of PRIMARY defects on drive: 8191

Number of GROWN defects on drive: 2

Here there clearly are grown defects on the drive, yet I still see the
warning messages

Oct 13 13:41:30 sonnet kernel: aacraid:ID(0:09:0); Error Event
[command:0x37]
Oct 13 13:41:30 sonnet kernel: aacraid:ID(0:09:0); Recovered Error
[k:0x1,c:0x1c,q:0x2]
Oct 13 13:41:30 sonnet kernel: aacraid:ID(0:09:0); Grown Defect List Not
Found

Jean