F10 and F12 functions on boot up, PE 2650

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 12 19:51:00 CDT 2003

Quoting Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke at gwdg.de>:

> the point of accessing the embedded ERA/MC via it's web interface, I had
> to learn that one really needs something called MS-IE-5.0 plus some more
> from a vendor other than Dell.

On some of the new RAC/ERA/etc cards with the very latest firmware, you
can (I am told) use netscape or mozilla.  Don't know if that is available
for the 1655.  Supposed to work, for example, on the 2650.

> The bad thing is: I _REALLY_ can't make use of the ERA/MC under Linux
> until Harald OOstrom will find the time to debug the situation and enhance
> his Perl PowerEdge::RAC module, and Harold semms to be out-of-office for
> some weeks.

What kind of problem are you having with PowerEdge::RAC?  (Maybe a slight
chance I can help, maybe not).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics