2650 with non-adeptec raid card?

Nick Nelson nick at lunarpages.com
Sat Oct 11 19:33:00 CDT 2003

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Nick Nelson wrote:
>

> hi nick,
>
> which raid card ? the 2650 has a ROMB (raid on motherboard) called the
> PERC 3/Di.
>
> You can disable it and use a variety of Dell and 3rd party cards in a
> PCI slot and connect the internal backplane drives or external drives
> to your PCI card.

We currently use the Perc 3/Di and have been overly dissatisfied, as is
most others who use it I see.

> Dell's alternatives include the PERC 3/{DC,QC} and the newer PERC
> 4/{DC,QC}?
>
> The onboard raid is adaptec based and the PCI cards are AMI/LSI based.
>
> Most people have found the PERC3/QC offers much better performance than
> the
> PERC3/Di (though not as good as software raid) and the PERC4 cards are
> much
> better again.

Thanks, I think I may try the PERC3/QC in the next set we order.
> regards,
>
> -jason
at http://lists.us.dell.com/htdig/

nick
--
Nick Nelson            //   USA: 1-877-586-2772 ext. 223
Systems Engineer       //   UK: 0800 0729150