Booting from CD on a PE 2650 problem...

support@codefit.com support at codefit.com
Sat Oct 11 11:09:01 CDT 2003

>Yes.  You use the arrow keys to highlight the drive, then hit
>space to toggle the check.  (You can move the drives around to
>determine their precedence, as well, but you have to hit ``-'' to
>move one up and ``+'' to move one down.  Wacky.)

Thanks Claire,

I tried a reboot from CD again and here's my problem -

I checked the boot sequence and it is:

1 CD
2 Floppy
3 Hard Disk

And they were all checked off in BIOS, so it appears that
server is booting from CD, but I am not sure if it is.
How can I verify this?

It may be booting from CD and I don't know that it is;
how can I tell for sure server is booting from CD?

Because when I place the recovery CD in the CD ROM and reboot, the system
does boot up.
Isn't there supposed to be some kind of message on reboot that indicates
that server is booting from CD instead of from Hard Drive?

Is there a log file I can access after reboot to
see if server did in fact boot from CD?

Thanks for any info anyone.