PE1600SC Embedded Intel NIC with RHL 7.2

Zach Johnson zach.johnson at mac.com
Sat Oct 11 09:13:01 CDT 2003

Got the latest driver and followed instructions provided by Intel at
http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/onlineguide/PRO1000/
DOCS/SERVER/index.htm

An rpm  was available and it installed the modules in the right
location but I get an error trying to do insmod e1000, albeit with a
clever hint telling me that I may need to change my IO and/or IRQ
parameters.  Unfortunately I have no idea what these parameters should
be.

Suggestions?