PE1600SC Embedded Intel NIC with RHL 7.2

John_Hull@Dell.com John_Hull at Dell.com
Fri Oct 10 11:28:00 CDT 2003

The embedded NIC on the 1600SC is an Intel Pro 1000 series NIC, so you'll
need an updated e1000 driver. You can get the latest Dell-tested driver from
support.dell.com, or the latest and greatest stable source from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/> . I'm not sure if we ever release
binary RPMs for 7.2 on the 1600SC, so you'll most likely have to get the
source and compile it for you kernel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zach Johnson [mailto:zach.johnson at mac.com]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:17 AM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: PE1600SC Embedded Intel NIC with RHL 7.2

I'm looking for details on how to update my adapter drivers for the embedded
NIC that ships with the PE1600SC... I've installed RHL 7.2 as per
instructions provided on this list
(http://lists.us.dell.com/fom-serve/cache/67.html) but am at a loss for
which driver I need! The only stuff I've been able to find on the Dell KB
seems to be related to adapters other than the embedded one.

Thanks,

Zach