SLES 8 on PE1750

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Fri Oct 10 10:42:01 CDT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Tim Schaefer wrote:

>> has anyone succeeded in installing SuSE SLES 8 on a PE1750 with an
>> Perc4/Di (LSI logic)?

> I would be interested in this too, for any of the rack-mount 1 or 2 CPU
> servers.

I have SuSE-Linux running on all my Dells.
1650, 1655MC, 2650, 6650, plus all the older types we have around.
Even a some years old (well, at least more than one year...) fat Itanium
machine (7150?) is running SuSE Linux here.

Mostly I use the "non-enterprise" versions, but already since SuSE-7.3.
SLES 8 is much newer, so it is supposed to run on all Dell servers.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)