RedHat 9 aacraid - system fails under extreme disk IO - Repro ducable test case

Salyzyn, Mark mark_salyzyn at adaptec.com
Thu Oct 9 09:44:00 CDT 2003

I do not know what will `revert' when moving over to 3157, companies do not
frivolously release firmware without resolving `severity 1 or 2' issues, it
takes time to qualify and accept these changes.

And, it would be remiss of me to lay blame with so little facts or
understanding of root cause, but it *appears* that in fixing these Firmware
issues, that a new issue slipped through that could not be tested at the
time. Changing the processors, and operating systems on these machines is an
independent process.

It would appear that the system crashes are far more upsetting to you.

I am confident that an engineered solution will be in the works, in the
interim it is probably in your best interests to contact Dell technical
support as they will no doubt have a cook book of issues so that you may
weigh your alternatives. Although hard to obtain sometimes, knowing the
worst and the best case scenarios always helps. I am just not the right
person to deliver this information.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn

	Psst, I'd probably *test switch* to older firmware, but you did not
hear that from me.