Broadcom driver for PE1750 and RHEL ES 2.1?

Darren Gilbert darren.gilbert at iop.org
Thu Oct 9 08:54:01 CDT 2003

Not that either Seth...  There was no alias using the bcm5700.  eth0 is aliased to tg3.

Interestingly, lsmod doesn't include any reference to tg3, tg3_12e3, or bcm5700 drivers, and an insmod on these drivers results in ...

insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.9-e.12/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.o: init_module: No such device
insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including IO or IRQ parameters

Regards,
Darren

At 11:22 9-10-2003 +0100, Darren Gilbert wrote:
>Thanks for your reply Amit...
>
>Unfortunately, this driver doesn't work for me.  It seems to install fine, >but when the system is re-booted post install neither of the Broadcom
>NIC's are available.

I suspect that the old bcm5700 driver is still mentioned in the modules.conf.

Edit this file, replace bcm5700 with tg3, close and save.
service network restart

Cheers

--
Seth

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.