CD - RW recommendations for PE 2650

bscott@ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed Oct 8 15:51:00 CDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, at 9:57am, support at codefit.com wrote:
> Will either a half height or a full height CD RW fit into one of the front
> expansion bays?

  The 2650 has, IIRC, a single half-height, 5.25-inch drive bay, suitable
for mounting most of the CD, CD-RW, or DVD drives on the market today.

  I suspect your terminology might be confused.  A full-height drive, IIRC,
is 3.5 inches high.  They are almost unheard of today.  Assuming my 3.5-inch
figure is right, a half-height drive would then be 1.75 inches high, and a
third-height drive would be 1.17 inches high.  Most CD-ROM drives you find
in desktop PCs are half-height, 5.25-inch wide drives.  Most floppy disk
drives you find in desktop PCs are third-height, 3.5-inch drives.

> What's the technical name of the device holder?

  I think "mounting bracket" is what you're talking about, but I'm not sure.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>