RedHat 9 aacraid - system fails under extreme disk IO - Repro ducable test case

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Wed Oct 8 15:39:01 CDT 2003

Andrew Mann wrote:

> 	I've got some potentially interesting results on this.
> I downloaded kernel-source-2.4.20.SuSE-62.src.rpm from the Suse ftp
> site.  It's laid out very nice for this purpose.  It's separated into
> the stock 2.4.20 kernel with patches for each arch (and a common patch

latest SuSE kernel is:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/SuSE-Linux/i386/update/8.2/kernel/2.4.20-20030812/
but here there is no sources, I don't know.

Get previous source from:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/SuSE-Linux/i386/update/8.2/kernel/2.4.20-20030618/

Best option is to build RHEL 2.1 kernel:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/2.1AS/en/os/SRPMS/kernel-2.4.9-e.27.src.rpm
or latest beta from: http://people.redhat.com/~jbaron/.private/testing/2.4.9-e.27.18.test/
RHEL 2.1 kernel gets *_much better_ performance and stability*.