Broadcom driver for PE1750 and RHEL ES 2.1?

Darren Gilbert darren.gilbert at iop.org
Wed Oct 8 03:57:00 CDT 2003

Hi,

Has anyone managed to install RedHat ES 2.1 onto a PE1750?

I've got past the PERC4/Si driver load (megaraid_2002), but now can't get the bcm5700 to load successfully for the Broadcom NIC's.

I've tried various things, including using the 'multi' driver to load the newer tg3_12e3 driver, compiling the source RPM for the bcm5700 supplied with the 1750 etc.

I've temporarily installed an Intel NIC, but would like to get the Broadcom's working.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

TIA,
Darren.

___________________________

Darren Gilbert.
Senior Technical Support Analyst.
Institute of Physics Publishing.
Dirac House, Temple Back,
Bristol  BS1 6BE   UK

Tel: +44 (0)117 930 1249  (DDI)
FAX: +44 (0)117 920 0747 (DDI)
Switchboard: +44 (0)117 929 7481
Dept FAX: +44 (0)117 930 1183
email: darren.gilbert at iop.org
www: http://www.iop.org/

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.