RedHat 9 aacraid - system fails under extreme disk IO - Reproducable test case

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 7 16:18:00 CDT 2003

Quoting Paul Anderson <Paul.Anderson at priorityhealthcare.com>:

> We had this same issue with our 2650's running AS 2.1.  Don't know that this
> is the best answer, but it is the one that worked for us...Replace the on
> board adapter with a PERC 3/DC (LSI) adapter.

Or a PERC 3/QC I think it is (or maybe a PERC 4/QC?)  It is the 4 channel
LSI controller *with battery backup* (obviously the battery backup was
important for us).

I doubt it is the correct answer either, but the LSI/AMI crontrollers
are much faster, much more stable, and in the case of the quad unit provide
a nice battery backup.

We're not using all 4 channels (only 2 actually) right now, but it was the
only way to meet our needs (the duals didn't seem to match our needs).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!