RedHat 9 aacraid - system fails under extreme disk IO - Reproducable test case

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Tue Oct 7 13:47:00 CDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Andrew Mann wrote:

> This has been brought up on the Dell Linux Poweredge list previously,
> but it doesn't appear that a definative solution or reproducable
> situation has been presented.  It also seems like the previous reports
> involved both heavy disk IO as well as heavy network traffic, and so the
> NIC driver was suspect.
> Since we have a number of 2550s and 2650s using the onboard PERC3/Di
> raid controller (aacraid driver), this issue concerns us.

I had stated here that the SuSE kernels do not have this bug, and someone
stripped the SuSE differences down to a single constant with a different
value.
I'm not really sure if it is only that constant, but it is a fact that the
SuSE kernels are free of this bug.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)