then, You would update latest patches U.77 BIOS 1.47

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Mon Oct 6 16:48:01 CDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

> > I need to build Redhat Linux 6.2 on Dell 1300 to install Informix IDS 7.30.uc7
>
> Red Hat 6.2 reached End Of Life!! There is no updates, bugs or security fixes.
> Forget RH 6.2.

unfortunately sometimes this is not practical.  if you have an internal system
that is not connected to the net and/or has little to no users it's still
less work to install 6.2 (on older hardware) to get proprietary software working
than to try to port the software over to a new platform (on which there may
be no support as it is not tested on it)

i have done support on some 6.2 boxes that are still out there in 'production'
land and working fine.  it's not particularly pleasant doing work on them (trying
to remember how things have changed across releases..) but they're still working.

there are even some 5.2 and older servers still doing stuff..

regards,

-jason