need check list of what I should do with AMI raid perc II: firmware U.77 BIOS 1.47

Diehl Jim Diehl_Jim at dodwtic.net
Mon Oct 6 14:38:01 CDT 2003

I need to build Redhat Linux 6.2 on Dell 1300 to install Informix IDS 7.30.uc7

The RH 6.2 is the retail version - should I use the DELL 6.2 version?  Is it better and where do I get it.  Perfer CD.

Installed raid card and booted.

Screen reads:

PowerEdge RAID II Adapter Bios 1.47  Jul 17, 1997

Firmware initializing.. scanning...

Host adapter 0 standard firmware version U.77  DRAM Size 16MB

I did build a server Linux install.  Kernel 2.2.14-5

Questions:

1)  do I need to upgrade firmware for PERC2,

 I found a note in the retail package indicating the need to upgrade the PERC firmware from early version but I don't know what the
early version numbers were.

is it possible to install firmware and drivers that are too new for RH 6.2?

2)  where can I find DELL's REDHAT 6.2 SBE2 on a CD.  Is this better than the retail version?

wow - what a day this is - an old B24 and a  B17 bomber just flew over my office at about 1,000 agl
I'm located in the mts of western Maryland.
Well anyway ...
3)  I have 5 diskettes containing DELL PERC2 RAID Management Software Ver 2.5 B2988.
Does this contain anything I need?

4)  I also have Dell openmanage Server Assistant - will this contain anything to help me as well.
thanks
		Jim Diehl