Redhat Enterprise ES on a PowerEdge 4300/450

Tim Schaefer tschaefer at dwcsolutions.com
Mon Oct 6 09:09:01 CDT 2003

James,

My mistake, I probably didn't really make myself clear about trying an
alternative.

Knoppix and Gentoo boot up the system completely from the CD, without
touching any of your hard-drives.  The idea is to at least get the
system up and look at messages, giving you clues as to what may be
different than the RH distro.  SuSE has a live-demo CD as well, however,
I don't know if it's still included with the latest off-the-shelf pkg
from SuSE as we downloaded 8.2 for free and saved the $79.95.  I think
SuSE has their live-demo CD on their FTP site, check it out if you get a
chance.

Thanks,

Tim