latest kernel and networking

Amit_Bhutani@Dell.com Amit_Bhutani at Dell.com
Fri Oct 3 17:41:01 CDT 2003

You will need to re-compile bcm5700 and basp drivers as they are *not* a
part of the Red Hat kernel. Correction: bcm5700 *used* to be a part of the
Red Hat kernel, it's not anymore. basp never was and will never be because
of it's binary nature.

for that is basp is a binary module. If you don't have the source for
bcm5700 or basp installed on your system, you can download it from
support.dell.com and recompile it for your new kernel.

Here is the link for the latest Broadcom source tar ball:
http://support.dell.com/filelib/Format.aspx?ReleaseID=R61004
You will find step by step instructions on how to uncompress, compile and
install for your kernel on the Download page.

Best of Luck!

- Amit Bhutani