latest kernel and networking

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Fri Oct 3 16:39:00 CDT 2003

I have several 2650 Dells 2U rack mount machines running Red Hat 7.2. I
upgraded the kernel on the all to the latest 2.4.20-20.7 release. Their
uptime exceeded 197 days. When I rebooted one to the latest kernel today
the networking was non-existent. I got an error about the basp not being
present.
I rebooted to the older kernel and all was happy again. Basp came up
with an error message about it tainting the kernel.
You forget a lot in 197 days. Not sure what I did to get the last kernel
release working. It is currently running 2.4.18-27.7 and I want to get
back to 2.4.20-20.7.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
KJ

--