PowerVault 122T firmware

John Green j.green at ukerna.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 12:02:01 CDT 2003

Hi,
Has anyone managed to upgrade there firmware on the their PowerVault
122T to V57?

After downloading the windows self-extracting executable (!), and
getting the resulting files across to the linux box, which was trouble
enough, I can't get the upgrade to work.

./PV-Tools-Linux -s (which should scan the bus) gives

Attempting to identify devices, please wait.

Code update not initiated. Exiting

--

./PV-Tools-Linux -d /dev/sg2 (or sg1) -f PV-122T-VS80_v57.IMAGE
gives

Target device not contactable.
Code update not initiated. Exiting

--

Normal tape operations such as mt and mtx work fine. /dev/sg* exist, and
the /dev/sg2 works with mtx.  Has this worked for anyone?  I'm using

Thanks in advance
John