1650 With RedHat 7.1

John Detke jdetke at panix.com
Thu Mar 27 17:20:01 CST 2003

I was runningi 7.1 on 1650's at my last contract, also due to oracle.
There are problems, mostly with ethernet and graphics drivers. Later
kernel's come with e1000 support, so you'll definately want to upgrade
your kernel. I did a custom kickstart install that loaded 2.4.18-17.7

 I had some of the PERC cards going, getting them going was quite a pain
and some of the PERC3 cards won't work at all, sorry I don't remember whic
is which.

 Are you sure you're using a driver that's compatible with the 2.4.2-4
kernel (which is what 7.1 installs with).

--
John F. Detke		| They that can give up essential liberty to obtain
jdetke at panix.com 	| a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty