Dell supported kernel

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Thu Mar 27 15:39:37 CST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jason Lasker wrote:

> I have to reinstall the masternode of a PE2650 cluster.  The kernel off of
> the Red Hat CD is 2.4.18-3.  What is the latest kernel version that Dell
> will support.  This cluster was purchased from Dell.

2.4.18-27.7.x (from the above it sounds like you have installed redhat 7.3 on
this machine)

you can find this at any (up to date) redhat mirror, e.g under /pub/redhat/linux/updates/7.3/

please keep in mind you should probably download the 'i686' and 'smp' version
of the binary kernel to upgrade assuming you have more than one cpu.

regards,

-jason