Poweredge 350 console redirect - bios messages are garbled

Pottinger, Hardy J. PottingerHJ at umsystem.edu
Thu Mar 20 15:36:00 CST 2003

Hi, I've got console redirect working for a PE350, but I can't see any of the BIOS messages. I can see everything past the bootloader, but all messages prior to that generate garbage on the screen.

I've double-checked all serial communication settings on the PE350, and our console server, and they are the same. Any ideas on what I might be missing? Can anyone with a 350 confirm that console redirect works for BIOS? Thanks!

HARDY POTTINGER <pottingerhj at umsystem.edu>
I-Net Administrator, UM LSO/MCO
...PGP Public Key...
  http://mco.mobius.missouri.edu/~hardy/