Question:PE2650 2xgbit ether

Michael Weber mweber at alliednational.com
Thu Mar 20 14:46:01 CST 2003

I use an Fast EtherChannel (FEC) setup on my servers.  It load balances,
failsover and back automatically.  And my backups of remote servers take
about 1/3 the time.  This setup requires the FEC driver and a switch
capable of FEC.

Both cards respond to a single virtual MAC address, single IP address,
and the OS sees a single virtual NIC.  Pretty seemless, but not trivial
to setup.  Not brain surgery, but be prepared for a little
head-scratching.

HTH

-Michael

>>> <colbey at dreamwerx.net> 03/20/03 11:01AM >>>
Depends on the purpose?

Do you need max thruput?  It may be possible (not sure) to channel the
2 port together..  Or failover as you mention to the same/different
switches for redundancy..

We need more info to make a good suggestion..