megamon kills my PERC3/DC card!

Titzer, David DTitzer at servicebench.com
Thu Mar 13 12:41:00 CST 2003

Everytime I attempt to use megamon (MegaCtrl), I begin going into scsi
timeout hell. Further, trying to kill off MegaCtrl using kill -9 or the stop
option to the program will not kill it. The only way out is to reboot the
system.

The system is a PE8450 running SuSE SLES 7. Megamon came from the
"megaraid-util-rh71" tar file. It would be nice to have a raid monitor
because the system is housed in a co-lo facility and I don't get to look at
the powervault's lights. Is there a combination of firmware, drivers, and
megamon that will work on SLES7?

--

David A. Titzer
Systems Administrator