PE1550 nose-diving sensor

Neil Spring nspring at cs.washington.edu
Fri Mar 7 01:43:00 CST 2003

I've had lm-sensors running on ten PE 1550's running Debian
for at least a year now.  It works great when the A/C fails
and the temperature sensors complain.  Over the past few
weeks, I've watched the warnings fly over the "2.5V" sensor
on lm81-i2c-0-2d.  I wondered if anyone on the list happens
to know what that's wired to and whether I should be
concerned.

A graph of captured sensor readings is at:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/nspring/v9.pdf
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/nspring/v9.eps

Rocketfuel and shaft are both decaying; bogus is there for
reference.[1] The other 7 servers are like bogus.  A friend
of mine had a graph of alkaline (vs NiMH) battery decay much
like it on his whiteboard, and combined with this sensor's
1.5V ordinary reading, the curve makes me think it's a dead
battery.

Does anyone know what that sensor is wired to?  Or have a
better guess than "some battery?"  Or even better yet, a
reference?

thanks,
-neil