PE2650 hangs on RH7.3

lars@levonline.com lars at levonline.com
Wed Mar 5 07:02:01 CST 2003

Hi Rosio,

The latest and greatest of the redhat errata kernels are supposed to fix the
hanging. If the new kernel (released yesterday) does not work you can download
the bcm5700 module that red hat did not release with 2.4.18-19.7

You can find it from dell here
http://support.euro.dell.com/se/sv/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R55748

A switch from tg3 to bcm5700 seems to have been the workaround for most people.
I bought myself a few gigabit eepro1000 cards instead and disabled the
tg3/bcm5700 stuff. This is the third attempt from red hat to fix the problem
and I just can't risk it beeing unstable.

best regards

/Lars