afaapps-2.6-0 and disk hotswap

rb@raphinou.com rb at raphinou.com
Mon Mar 3 13:09:01 CST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:20:33AM +0100, rb at raphinou.com wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 07:46:10AM +1000, jason andrade wrote:
> > On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 rb at raphinou.com wrote:
> YEsterday eveinig I found out it was rebuilding the disk 0 when I
> reactivated it (maybe I could have found out in the afacli tool). I let
> it finish its work during the night and it was ok this morning (I don't
> have access to it right now, I can send more details this evening if you
> want).

Hi again.

I retried this evening and noted all commands I issued. I took some
notes and put it online at
http://www.raphinou.com/poweredge/afacli.txt

Hoping it can help others. If you have some details I should add, let me
know.
Example of things I'm not sure to understand:
-why is the status changing when I remove the disk physically (was OK
I/R READY NOTACTIVATE  and becomes OK FAILED CRITICAL EMPTY I/R READY
NOTACTIVATE)

thanks to those who explained me what I had to do!

Raph

--
Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting
           http://www.fosdem.org