broadcom network drivers and arps

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Wed Jun 25 04:58:01 CDT 2003

IPVS failover using heartbeat/ldirectord works flawlessly here with Mandrake
9.1 and bonded broadcom cards (on a 2650). Bonding is done in active/passive
mode with the 2.4.21 bonding driver,. (creating a 'bond0' on each box)

I have two 2650's failing over a single IP address. eth0 from each server is
in one cisco switch, eth1 on each server is on the other switch and both
switches are connected into one logical switch.

As an aside, I also have dual port Intel server cards bonded together (with
the kernel driver) to act as a secondary interface (again cross connected
into cisco 2950/24 switches.)

Mark.