OpenManage compilation: unresolved symbol local_bh_enable

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 09:04:01 CDT 2003

On Monday 23 June 2003 2:44 pm, you wrote:
> Try putting a symlink in /usr/src of linux-2.4 to the 2.4.20 debian source
> and rebuild the module and see if that helps.

I always link from /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.20, to avoid
common mistakes...

I have a solution in the meantime -  I am using the 4.71 release instead of
the newer 4.90...

The esm module now compiles and loads fine, and the various daemons run OK,
but I cannot see any Dell-specific output from 'snmpwalk localhost public'
... my snmpd.conf is very trivial...

rocommunity public

# Trap Destinations
#trapsink 127.0.0.1 public

# Allow Server Administrator to connect to ucd-snmp using SMUX
smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1

Brecht Samyn has kindly sent me some of his snmpd.conf, and I'll play with
that for a while before crying again ;)

Cheers,
Gavin.