kernel: aacraid: Host adapter reset request. SCSI hang ? (

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ab.ca
Sun Jun 22 15:43:01 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Disable "HyperThreading" (aka Logical Processor) in System Setup/BIOS.  See
> > if that resolves your issue with the: aacraid: Host adapter reset request.
> > SCSI hang errors.
>
> It will make no odds. SMP v non SMP may be an issue but thats something
> you need to take up with Adaptec/Dell I suspect.
>
> I do have some newer code in the latest -ac release but its not yet
> ready for a real bashing as its not been through serious stress tests

Actually, taking back what I had said earlier in the week, this is
absolutely correct.  After almost 8 days the
system I was abusing has had 2 timeouts; both this morning.

This is booting with noht.

Alan, I'm going to be grabbing the newer code out of your
latest and see how it fairs.  I know it's not stable, this box is *not* in
production anyway.

If there are any special flags/options you want on let me know.

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA