aacraid hang update (was kernel: aacraid: Host adapter reset request. SCSI hang)

Andy De Petter adepette at skybel.net
Thu Jun 19 23:27:01 CDT 2003

James Bourne wrote:

>Hi,
>I've been testing now with the same kernel on the same PE2650 for 5 days
>without HT on and there have been no timeouts or failures with the aacraid
>device.
>
>I'm positive now that HT effects the aacraid driver in such a was as
>to cause timeouts.
>
>If anyone wants more information, please just drop me a line.  I should be
>able to post it back within a day or two.
>
>Thanks in advance and regards
>James Bourne

On the 4 2650 servers I have at my disposal here, disabling ht did not
make any difference.

(just for your information, as ht doesn't seem to be the cause of the
problem here)

-Andy

Andy De Petter - Expert  IT Analyst - andy.de.petter at skybel.net
Belgacom ANS/EIS/ISA - Carlistraat  2 - 1140 Brussels (Belgium)
Head office: Koning Albert II Laan 27 - 1030 Brussels (Belgium)
Tel +32 (0)2 7061170  -  Fax +32 (0)2 7061150  -  ICQ  #1548957

*** DISCLAIMER ***
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information, which
is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and
are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use
of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any
form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.